Superfactory’s wide range of downloadable lean manufacturing training PowerPoint presentations continue to be very popular, and every day we receive requests for new presentations. A resounding theme among recent suggestions has been "Lean Office", therefore we are in the process of developing a new Topics Series group of presentations to cover this concept. The new Lean Office group will include Office 5S, Office Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping with an emphasis on office and administrative activities, etc. Look for this new group by mid March.
We use the revenue from these products to help offset our increasing server and administration costs, with the remaining being used to help develop new knowledge and training products.
Our first product, introduced in early 2002, was the Factory Toolbox. This was a collection of brief presentations, Excel spreadsheet tools, and numerous procedure templates that our editors had used at their previous manufacturing management positions. The popularity of this product led to the creation of the Fundamentals of Manufacturing Excellence Program in early 2003, which was a monthly presentation module on a new lean manufacturing concept. All of the presentation modules were then bundled together into the Superfactory Excellence Program in January of 2004. During 2004 we also introduced several Topics Series with groups of presentations on Quality, Design, and Safety.
All products can be downloaded immediately upon purchase, or a CD can be ordered. You can view more information on the various products at the following links:
- Factory Toolbox – Over 300 procedures, presentations, forms, and tools already created by world-class organizations. 95% of the files are in native Microsoft Office formats and can be easily customized for use in your organization.
- Superfactory Excellence Program – 24 easily customizable PowerPoint presentations on Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Visual Controls, Kaizen, Value Streams, Pull, JIT, Kanban, Demand Flow, Poka Yoke, Quick Changeover, SMED, Cellular Manufacturing, Lean Accounting, Activity Based Costing, Theory of Constraints, Balanced Scorecard, Knowledge Management, Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma, Human Factors, Outsourcing Strategies, Cost Accounting, Supply Chain Strategies, Capital Budgeting, Facility Location, Technology Assessment, Strategic Management, Forecasting, Planning, Scheduling, and Project Management.
- Quality Topics Program – 6 PowerPoint presentations on Total Quality Management, ISO 9001, Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma, Poka Yoke and Mistake Proofing, and FMEA Failure Modes & Effects Analsysis.
- Design Topics Program – 6 PowerPoint presentations on New Product Development / DFM, Design and ISO 9001, Design for Environmental Impact, Design for Recycling, Design for Reliability, and Design for Remanufacturing.
- Safety Topics Program – 11 PowerPoint presentations on Electrical Safety, Ergonomics, Chemical Safety, Confined Space Training, Conducting Effective Safety Meetings, Hazard Communication Training, Lockout Tagout, Machine Guarding, Office Safety, OSHA Recordkeeping, and Slips, Trips, and Falls.
We are always looking for ideas for new knowledge and training products.