Each month new articles, book reviews, and other content are added to the Superfactory website. The new content is featured in the monthly e-newsletter which goes out to 50,000 subscribers worldwide, and we will also post a monthly heads-up on this blog.
New content in January includes:
The featured article is from Richard Schonberger and is titled The Skinny on Lean Management. The following is a brief excerpt, and you can read the entire article here.
Lean management doesn’t resonate in marketing and sales. Nor does it
among boards, senior executives and investors. Reasons relate to where
lean tends to do most of its work – in operations – and its usual
presentation as an attack on waste. Obscured are its much greater
potential in the distribution pipelines and its strong customer focus.
Managing to Learn by Toyota veteran John Shook, reveals the thinking
underlying the vital A3 management process at the heart of lean
management and lean leadership. Constructed as a dialogue between a
manager and his boss, the book explains how A3 thinking helps managers
and executives identify, frame, and then act on problems and
We continually update the other major sections of the website, including:
- PowerPoint Presentations: Over 50 downloadable PowerPoint presentations on lean manufacturing, quality, enterprise, and safety concepts.
- Factory Toolbox: Almost 300 downloadable forms, procedure templates, assessments, and tools to help you not reinvent the wheel.
- Events Calendar: a listing of lean excellence seminars, workshops, training, and conferences worldwide
- Topic Information: Summaries and resources on over 40 enterprise excellence topics.
- Virtual Factory Tours: Web and streaming video tours of over 100 factories.
For all you LinkedIn junkies, we have created a LinkedIn group for Superfactory. Join the group to network with other Superfactory enthusiasts and to show our logo on your profile. If you haven't explored LinkedIn, check it out to see why over 17 million professionals use it for networking.
We are always looking for new articles and other content. Contact us via the Superfactory website if you would like to contribute to our knowledge base.