Several of you have known that Factory Strategies Group, the parent of Superfactory and Evolving Excellence, along with Gemba Research and Lean Six Sigma Academy, have been working on a collaborative project called Gemba Academy. The time has finally arrived for Gemba Academy to officially open its doors for enrollment.
Gemba Academy offers high-end online video training. To get things started we’re offering a course called Transforming Your Value Streams
that explains exactly how to – as the name implies – transform your
value streams using lean tools and principles such as value stream
mapping, takt time, one piece flow, kanban, jidoka (automation with a
human touch), and heijunka (production leveling).
In the coming weeks and months we’ll be offering interactive online training courses
on a wide range of business excellence topics such as lean
manufacturing, project management, six sigma and other related
disciplines. Specifically, we’re putting the final touches on a 5S course that is
scheduled to launch in April. You can view the first module of this 5S course here.
There are several unique aspects to our value proposition, made even more valuable in these challenging times.
- A subscription model that has no per-person or per-seat fees… so you can effectively train as many people as you’d like. Compare this to having people travel to outside workshops or bringing a consultant into your organization.
- The video modules are filmed in high definition (HD) quality, therefore individuals can train at their computer or the modules can be projected into large training auditoriums with no real loss in quality. On your schedule.
- A global network of high speed servers ensures performance. We’ve tested the system in the U.S., Finland, Hungary, Japan, Kenya, Singapore, Brazil, and even Hawaii. Yes, you can now learn on the beach!
- The video training modules are complemented by quizzes, knowledge checks, and other support materials.
- We chose the subscription model so we could continually evolve, improve, and augment the material at no additional cost to the subscriber. Continuous improvement. Compare that to those stagnant DVD’s showing electric typewriters, plaid jackets, and frightful hair styles!